Friday, March 7, 2014

Takeout for Lunch, 3.7.14

"First things first...We are truly blessed to have the means to set a pretty table and invite our friends to join us for good food and fellowship. I am mindful that many are not so fortunate. My daughter has a passion for the work of the Food Bank. As a singer-songwriter, she has written and recorded a song that is the anthem for the world wide Crop Hunger Walk project. Her song, "Raise Your Voice" is featured in their video. I've included a link in the side margin of my blog.  I hope that it will encourage you to support projects in your community that contribute to the effort to overcome hunger. 
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Slowly, slowly, I'm finding moments to resume entertaining.  Today, I set a table for four in the living room, and a friend brought take out for lunch.  It's been too long.  I had a wonderful time creating one of my 30 minute tablescapes.  Inspiration for the day...


 ...the Williams-Sonoma toile tablecloth.  The mailman delivered it just this morning, and I thought, why not!

 I really like the wide solid red border on the cloth.

 When I use a square cloth on a round table, I try to assure that the points of the square fall between the chairs.  That way my guests don't have to hassle with them when seated.

 Keeping it simple....I decided to play with just the colors in the cloth.

 The details...Pottery Barn Flax hemstitched linen napkins and the L'Argent Sophia flatware in white, found at Tuesday Morning and Horchow.


 Come on in...

 Where would you like to sit?

 More details...

 The Bormioli red glass charger framed...

 ...the Wedgwood Queensware Plain dinner plate, from Replacements....


 ...topped by the Wedgwood majolica grape leaf plate...


 ...and an unknown maker's red glass compote, found at an estate sale.


 Everyone enjoyed a glass of wine today in the Waterford Simply Red (Glendora) goblet, acquired through eBay and Replacements.


 My centerpiece was simply the Hartley & Leeds Creamware Chestnut Bowl/tureen, found on eBay.  I surrounded it with simple red mercury glass votives and tiny ruby glass vases.

I'm so glad to have the time to set a table for dear friends again.  We dined on a delicious salad and visited into the afternoon...my idea of a perfect day!

This week I'm joining:

Tablescape Thursday with Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch
Entertaining Women
Entertaining Women

Hello, I'm Cherry Kay I was 40 before I realized that I am an artist. I love to paint, work in clay, rubber stamping, design tablescapes, entertain, and share ideas. I'm an interior designer wanna-be...no credentials, but lots of experience.

8 comments:

  1. Hello sweet friend. I hope your hubby is doing better. I have missed seeing your beautiful creations. And this one is another stunner. I love that classic Queensware pattern. It is simply stunning. You must have a warehouse full of china and glassware. I would love to see it all... Thanks for always inspiring us. Good to have you back.

    Hugs,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherry Kay,
    Your tablecloth is beautiful! I love the colors and that wide border just makes it! Today was lovely outside hope you were able to enjoy it. Your table is just gorgeous...love the centerpiece ginger jar too!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it you to pull together such a charming table in 30 minutes. I love the new cloth with that wide band of red and the mix of natural neutrals. The stack of china and the red glassware all work perfectly with this gorgeous textile. Another beautiful table, Cherry Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a lovely job with this instant table Cherry Kay, you are so talented! I love how you describe what everything in yur table is and that's why I realized we both have the HF Argent Sophia flatware, mine is ivory and I love it, as it gets elegant or sporty, depending on the table I set with them. Great minds think alike? The tablecloth is gorgeous, I also love that wide red band around it and I specially prefer square cloths for round tables, as they fall beautifully! I adore the reticulated tureen as a centerpiece, sorrounded by your lovely stack of dishes and the red compotes give it such charm!
    Enjoy your weekend.

    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks beautiful. Where would I like to sit? Any one of the four chairs would do! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. The simplicity of the table lets the beautiful tablecloth be the star. I really like the red/tan combo.
    How is your husband's recovery coming along?
    Have a great week, Cherry Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tablecloth! Oh my it's a real statement. The centerpiece tureen is amazing. You chose pieces that perfectly compliment your pieces. So gorgeous. Happy that life is getting back on track. Hoping to have enough mayflower by the end of this week!!! fingers crossed. hugs and love.. marlis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending your time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of your generous thoughts. They encourage me in so many ways.

Follow Me on Instagram